Start point – 5 Rivers Leisure Centre
- Leave 5-Rivers via the cycle path towards Stratford-sub-castle.
- Turn right in to Hudson Road then make your way to Castle Road and on to the Old Castle pub.
- Turn right before the pub then go up the hill and around the back of the pub then turn right onto the Ford road.
- Go through Ford then take the next turning left.
- At the double mini-roundabout across the railway bridge, turn right over the bridge then left.
- Continue on this road up the hill to the A30 junction.
- Turn left onto the A30 then after 150 metres take the right turn towards Pitton.
- Continue on this road up and over the hill then into Pitton village.
- At the Crossroads junction in Pitton village turn left.
- Continue on this road until the crossroads at the Windmill.
- At the Windmill crossroads turn right towards West Winterslow.
- Continue on this road up and over the hill.
- Take the next left turn towards West Winterslow.
- Continue into West Winterslow village and take the next left after the Pub.
- After 150 metres take the next left and continue down the hill to the A30 traffic lights. Caution on this hill as the left hand bend at the bottom of the hill is sharp and usually covered in gravel.
- Turn left onto the A30 then immediately right towards Porton.
- Continue on this road up and over the hill past Porton camp into Porton village.
- At the crossroads turn left towards Gomeldon.
- Go through Gomeldon until the A338 T junction in Winterbourne Gunner.
- Turn Left onto the A338 towards Salisbury and continue on this road through the Winterbournes until the double mini-roundabout across the railway bridge.
- At the first mini-roundabout turn right towards Ford.
- At the T junction at the bottom of the hill turn right and continue through Ford village up the hill towards the Old Castle pub.
- At the T junction turn left, go round the back of the pub then left again onto Castle road.
- Continue down Castle road towards Salisbury, turn right into Butts road and left again back to 5 Rivers.
– Duncan Edwards
Min elevation: 48 m
Total climbing: 406 m