SRAMcc is open to all, however as recommended by the British Cycling Safeguarding and Protecting Children Policy, we have specific conditions associated with members under the age of 18.
1. Members under the age of 15 are not permitted to join club rides without a nominated adult accompanying them and the provision of a completed parental consent form:
2. Members aged 15-17 are permitted to join club rides unaccompanied provided that the appropriate form has been completed:
The current Membership fee is £10 (or £5 for those in full time education). There is also a £1 admin fee.
All membership for the club will be managed through the British Cycling Management Tool. This is an on-line database that the club secretary will use to store all members details. As it is accessed via the British Cycling website all new members and renewals will need to apply for membership through an on-line account. This does not mean that you need to be a member of British Cycling. You will just need to set up an account on their website to apply for club membership. (However, all members are encouraged to join British Cycling to take advantage of their third party liability insurance, or another organization such as the Cyclist Touring Club that offers the same protection)
During the registration you will need to accept terms and conditions of SRAMcc. These are listed below.
Terms and Conditions
- Membership is due from the 1st April each year unless you join after 1st January and then you will be given free membership for the following year.
- Once membership expires, you will be notified by email, and must renew with 28 days otherwise you will be deemed no longer a club member and your details will be removed from the club management tool.
- All new membership and renewals should be applied for through the club subscription page hosted by British Cycling.
- All members details will be held on British Cycling Management Tool. Neither British Cycling or the club will share your details with any 3rd party.
- All new subscriptions will be either accepted or rejected by the club secretary. Any person whose application to join the club is rejected has the right to appeal in writing (or email) to the club chairman and club secretary.
- All members agree to abide by the club constitution which can be found at on the SRAMcc website (here)
- Once membership is accepted you will be issued a membership card. You will need to fill out your details and should carry the card on all club rides (as it includes emergency contact details)
- If you have exceptional circumstances whereby you cannot apply for or renew membership using the British Cycling website then please email the club secretary directly stating why you cannot apply online.
- When on club rides:
- members must adhere to the highway code at all times
- members must be courteous to other road users at all time
- Dangerous or erratic riding will result in the offender being asked to leave the ride(s) and have their membership of the club terminated at the discretion of the committee.
- If you have any questions regarding membership then please contact the club secretary or chair.
When you become a member of or renew your membership with SRAMcc
you will be registered for an online account with British Cycling. We will provide British Cycling with your personal data which they will use to enable access to an online portal for you (called My Dashboard) on the British Cycling website. British Cycling will use your personal data in accordance with its Privacy Notice which can be accessed at https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/staticcontent/info–Privacy-Policy-0. British Cycling will contact you to invite you to sign into and update your dashboard (which, amongst other
things, allows you to set and amend your privacy settings). If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with British Cycling, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a club member your information may be shared on the club website, social media pages or in emails sent by the club. This data will only be shared in the event that either you are a club volunteer, have participated in a race or challenge event or have recorded a major achievement. This data will be limited to your name, race results (if applicable) and details of your achievement. Limited further information about you may be included;
for example, whether you have participated in a juniors’ race or a women’s race.
Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions / issues.