Start point – 5 Rivers Leisure Centre
- Leave 5-Rivers and proceed along the cycle path north towards Stratford Sub-castle.
- At the end of the cycle path turn left and join the Woodford road.
- Continue on this road through the Woodfords until the T junction at west Amesbury.
- Turn right towards Amesbury town centre to the crossroads/traffic lights.
- Continue straight on at the Crossroads/Traffic lights up the hill.
- At the Tesco roundabout take the 1st exit (turning left).
- At the A303 roundabout take the 3rd exit (turning right).
- At the next roundabout take 2nd exit (going straight on).
- At the next roundabout take 1st exit (going straight on).
- At the next roundabout (entrance to Boscombe Down) turn right.
- Continue straight on, down dead end road, through cycleway at the end.
- At the end of the cycle way, cross main road down smaller road towards Great Durnford. Caution on the downhill bends before the village as the bends are very tight and can be covered in gravel.
- Continue on this road through Great Durnford until the T junction at Upper Woodford.
- Turn right then go over the river bridge, then turn left and continue on this road through the Woodfords back towards Salisbury.
- At Stratford Sub-castle turn right onto the cycle path then back into the 5 rivers leisure centre.
[sgpx gpx=”/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Amesbury-loop.gpx” summary=TRUE ]